SPC flooring is known as an easy installation and affordable to get flooring in your home.
SPC flooring offers a realistic wood look with a lot less upkeep than traditional wood flooring. SPC planks give your floor a unique style with patterns, wood-looks, carpet-looks, and stone-looks that require little maintenance. Whatever form of SPC flooring you choose, you’re sure to have a low-maintenance flooring hit! But how do you clean SPC floors?
That’s what makes SPC flooring a great alternative. It’s notoriously low-maintenance and easy to clean. There is also SPC flooring that is waterproof! All these features make SPC flooring the perfect alternative to real hardwood.
Cleaning flooring is nobody’s favorite thing, but with these products, remedies, and tips, cleaning SPC floors will be a breeze!
Weekly Cleaning Remedies
SPC Flooring should always be mopped using a nonabrasive floor cleaner, without harsh chemicals.
We recommend these natural cleaner recipes for the best results.
– Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is known as an eco-friendly cleaning product. It’s great at getting off grime and dirt without using harsh chemicals. If you’re looking to disinfect while cleaning, you can use distilled white vinegar instead.
– Dish Soap: It is a heavier duty cleaning agent for deep cleaning. It smells better than vinegar but requires more diligent rinsing to prevent soap build-up on your floor.
– Baby Oil, Essential Oils, and Lemon Juice: To add a little shine or a better smell to your vinegar solution, try adding a few drops of baby oil, essential oil, or lemon juice to your DIY floor cleaner. Not too much, though, or you’ll create a build-up!
Now add it all together!
2 gallons of warm water
½ cup rubbing alcohol
½ cup white vinegar
1/8 tsp dish soap (without bleach, oils, or moisturizers)
Thoroughly mop the floor with the mixture. To avoid soap build-up or any unwanted cleaner residue make sure you rinse and dry the floor afterward and not let the water sit on the surface.
DIY Stain Remover for SPC Floors
Though we hope your SPC flooring never gets stained, accidents do happen, especially when kids or pets are around! Luckily, there are a few ways to take out those hard to clean stains.
– Baking soda: Add a few drops of water to baking soda to create a paste. Apply the paste to a hard stain and gently rub it with a soft cloth. Wipe clean when finished.
– Isopropyl alcohol: If you’re dealing with ink or marker stains, a small amount of alcohol on a soft cloth should do the trick.
– Nail polish remover: Use this only when cleaning up nail polish spills. Dabbing a nail polish stain with nail polish remover should bring it right up.
Before you use your DIY SPC floor cleaner or stain remover, test it out in an inconspicuous spot on your floor to make sure it doesn’t cause any damage or discoloration.